29,541 total views, 1 views today
There are numerous kinds of electrical appliances available for use in our daily life. Each of them is having their own advantages and applications. They carry their importance based on the extent of required of the application which they can satisfy. As people will be dealing with electrical appliances it is required to ensure the safety of the individuals who are working on the same.
One can find numerous ways in which they can ensure the desired amount of safety of the individuals. One of them is regularly testing the appliance. PAT testing which is also termed as Portable Appliance Testing is a method of testing the appliance in order to ensure that they meet the desired standards.
Process of Carrying out the PAT Testing
PAT testing is a method which can be easily brought to the desired location for carrying out the test as it is consisting of portable components. This will ensure smoother testing operation by Kent Electrical Testing and also ensure desired safety to the individual from the specified electrical appliance. Steps to be followed in PAT testing include:
- The main source of leakage in an electrical appliance is leakage of the electrical current. The likely source of leakage of the same is plug casings. As they are highly impacted by the external environment there are chances of damage to the same due to external environment which can impact the same.
- One also needs to check what is the rating of the fuse. If an appliance is having higher power rating than the fuse which is used then they are required to be readjusted based on the power rating of the appliance.
- We are also required to ensure that wiring which is selected is decided after taking into consideration the required power input and their likely impact. If the power rating is more than the correspondingly thicker wire is preferred over a thinner wire.
- Terminals and connections are the prime means by which leakage can likely occur. It is required to ensure that proper closure and safety is provided to these places.
- Bare wire increases the chances of danger to the people who are working there. If any of the individual touches these bare wires they are likely to face current which can damage their health.
- As the current is continuously flowing through the appliance while working there are chances of overheating. Overheating can lead to the loss of the appliance and even there are chances of physical damage to the individual who is operating over the same. Even these heating of the appliance will result in changing of the colours of the same. This would further result in degradation of the looks of the same.
- One also should check whether there is any misuse of the liquid over the appliance. It might result in physical damage to the people who are working over the same in future. This foreign matter can also result in damage to the component itself.
Takeaway from the Kent Electrical Testing
Thus we can say that health and safety of the individual who is operating the equipment are quite essential. In addition to that safety of the appliance which is used is equally important. If there is some kind of leakage or damage it might proliferate and increase if not cured over a right time.